SimpliSafe is one of the recognized Security Camera which will provide safety to your surroundings including your property and loved ones. Sometimes it can be troublesome when you feel unable to connect your SimpliSafe base station to Wi-Fi. In this blog you will find the reasons that why your SimpliSafe base station is not getting connected to Wi-Fi and how you can resolve the issue.
Reasons why your SimpliSafe base Station not connecting to Wi-Fi
- Check if your router is broadcasting on the frequency of 2.4 GHz signal or 5.7 GHz signal. The SimspliSafe cameras are designed to function on 2.4 GHz. So make sure to inspect what frequency is your router using for broadcasting.
- Another reason can be the wrong password. Sometimes users entered the wrong password and that can be the reason for not being able to connect to wifi. In case if you have forgot the password, then you can click on forgot password option and create new password.
- When your base devices are being placed far away from the router then this can also interrupt the connectivity. To access your wifi or to reliably connect your base station to wifi, make sure to place your router close to the base system.
Ways to reset your base station
If the above-given solutions do not work for you and you are still struggling with the connectivity issue then resetting your base station will make things easier for you. If you are not aware of the steps for reset of the base station then follow these steps :
1. First step will be disconnecting the adapter of your base station from the power plug.
2. After following this step 5 minutes wait will be required.
3. After this, touch your base station to check whether it is cold. If yes, then reattach the base station.
4. After re-joining the base station, you have to check whether it is properly connected to the internet.
How can I smoothly perform a factory reset on the SimpliSafe camera?
If you are not facing the problem with the base station but your Simplisafe camera is at fault then you can factory reset your Simplisafe camera following these steps.
- Here first step will be finding the reset button on your camera device.
- Push the button inside using the sharp object and continue this by holding for 20 seconds.
- Now wait for a couple of seconds and completely unplug the device
- Again after some time , replug it.
SimpliSafe cameras are the first choice of many users out there because these cameras don’t need any additional wiring. These cameras do not compromise with your security and value. Well, this article was all about why your SimpliSafe base stations are not connecting to wifi, also what can be done from your end, and the steps to reset your base station with its camera. If you are not able to resolve your issues with the above-given method then you can put yourself at ease by connecting with our customer support team. they will assist you and make the entire process easy.